Milton Library, Milton MA
G&R Construction restored and renovated the Milton Library, replacing a two-story addition built in 1958 and a four-story structure built in 1904 with a new four-level addition that matches the height of the remaining historic structure. Schwartz/Silver Architects of Boston were the project architects.
The original structure was completely renovated and serves as the centerpiece of the new facility. Overall space was increased by 48% from the existing facility, with the largest increase assigned to meeting space. Heating, air conditioning, ventilation, electrical, lighting, security, and data wiring were all completely replaced with state of the art equipment. The total space including new additions and renovated space is 40,000 square feet.